Sunday, November 4, 2012

On Detox Day 4

Well, this has been interesting.  I have to say, after doing Slow Carb for 4 months...this is pretty easy.  Lots more variety in the diet, though it's looking like the bird and veggie days are going to be pretty similar.


Here are my thoughts so far.  I'm down 5 pounds today, to 123.  Impressive, but not all that surprising since I'm still convinced most of it was water retention from rich foods.

Day 2 was tough.  I'm not a vegetable eater, and myfitnesspal calculated me at less than 400 calories for the whole day, but honestly, one more bite of broccoli and I would have barfed.

Saturday was fruits AND vegetables, and that's by far been the easiest day.  However, when T didn't eat his chicken nuggets for dinner, both D and I were sure tempted to scarf 'em down.  I miss meat.


Today has been fine--bananas and milk/yogurt.  I can also eat the "wonder soup" today, but it's really nothing special.  I'm pondering doing that for dinner.

I've felt a little weak, but no more than doing South Beach Phase 1 or Thursday evening on slow carb.


We'll see if I get another pound or 2 by the end of the diet--I wouldn't be surprised, though, I've been known to drop a pound a day on slow carb, and that's what Monday and Tuesday will be like.


I have, on the other hand, noticed that my skin seems a little clearer and less blotchy today than it did on Day 1 of the detox.  I don't know if that's related, but it's an interesting observation.


I'll keep you posted and update you on Wednesday night or possibly Thursday morning with an "after" picture.  Same way, too.  No makeup, no tank top.  Just to be fair.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's going well! I am interested to see how it works after, I am going to try it if you don't gain weight back after you finish :)

    ReplyDelete